Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hoop of memories

I love my gallery wall. Every time I walk up the stairs with Gavin, we stop and look at the pictures. He breaks out into a huge smile as he looks at pictures of himself and mommy and daddy.  


 I have everything on the walls from framed pictures to a piece of flooring in a shadow box, a special CD to pretty scrapbook paper. I had seen this idea for custom embroidered heart samplers a while back and thought it was too cute to pass up. 

  Instead of a heart, I decided to embroider three special dates: the year Jesse and I met, the year we got married, and the year that Gavin was born. 


I had the hoop from a long ago trip to the thrift store. You can pick them up for as low as $.69 each. I put some fabric in the hoop, chose some embroidery thread, wrote the dates with a white gel pen and then used my past cross stitch skills and embroidered the dates. 
 

It's a simple craft that can be done as you sit on the couch and watch an episode (or two) of Up All Night, pretending that you are back in the days of Jane Austen. :) 

Happy Weekend! 


Linked up with C.R.A.F.T.






3 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea... and what very exciting dates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...