Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Entryway Decor

A while back, I posted about how I was trying to get our entryway all nice and clean and most importantly, organized. The entryway to our house is actually quite nice. It has lots of room to take off and on shoes, and a huge closet for coats and boots and basically anything else that you can throw in there. That was the problem. Everything just seemed to be "dumped" there and never taken care of.

My first step was to organize all of my our shoes. I showed you how I organized them into ottomans in this post, and so far, it's stayed organized! My next step was to add someplace to drop your keys and your cell phone so that it didn't end up on the floor. After searching for a while for a skinny table that wouldn't block the stairs, I found a pin from Better Homes and Gardens (I love that magazine!). I immediately went out to Home Depot and got my supplies and this is what I came up with:



To remind myself what a great improvement it is, here is the before picture:


The project was so simple and didn't cost very much at all. The shelf was $8. I cut a board down to 3 1/2 ft. x 1 1/2 ft. I used some stain that I had in my garage and covered it twice. The brackets, I bought at Lowes and they were $12 for the pair. I had my husband screw the shelf into the studs so that it could hold quite a bit. I probably could have done that part myself, but I had two crying children at the time, and my husband can do it much faster than I can.

So the total cost of the project was $20! 

Have you done any great projects lately that you're proud of? 




BWS tips button

Linked up with Binkertation

5 comments:

  1. This looks great! We've been redecorating our house slowly and just inside the door always seems to get cluttered. It looks beautiful and what a great price tag!
    mscandmisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait! The front entryway is always so cluttered! Hopefully this will help me stay a little more organized :)

      Delete
  2. That looks fantastic, Melody - what a major improvement! We're constantly striving to improve our entryway... I might have to steal this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...