Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Mercury Glass Plates

Since finishing the chalkboard I made for the empty wall in my kitchen, I knew I needed something to hang alongside it. I had seen a few pins for DIY-ing your own mercury glass, and I thought it might be a fun project to try on plates.




I wasn't able to find the exact spray paint product that the blog called for, so I used the closest thing to it. These are the supplies I used as well as the finished plate (I found that it was VERY helpful to add the vinegar to the spray bottle of water to help "eat away" at the paint. I had done a trial run on a vase with just spritzing water and was not happy with the results. The vinegar made a huge difference in the overall final look of the glass.) 


(do you think I like grey/white?)


I think it turned out okay for some temporary art while I wait for some open shelving. Now all I have to do is hang the plates on the wall! That is a project all in itself... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...