Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Kitchen Chalkboard

In my kitchen I have a blank space where I was hoping some open shelving would someday be installed. Unfortunately, that someday has not arrived so I am forced to be creative (thank you Pinterest). I was trying to figure out how I could fill up the vacant area without making it look tacky and busy. I have seen lots of ideas for kitchen art, but this chalkboard I pinned stood out. 



I love the simple idea of adding a space to write notes or make lists without cluttering up the front of the fridge with magnets and paper. My husband had the idea of using a spare drawer front that was conveniently located in our basement. Since the drawer front is already "framed", I taped off the outside perimeter with painters tape and got out the chalkboard paint.


It didn't take too much difficulty to paint the door, and I think the waiting time was the hardest part (I am an impatient painter). After two coats of chalkboard paint I peeled off the blue tape to reveal my masterpiece.


Now all I need is to do is to mount the door on the wall and voila! A fun little project, and my blank wall is becoming not so blank anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Great project! Can't wait to see a picture of it hanging up :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...