Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jewelry Mess

I have a lot of jewelry. I don't wear it because I usually can't untangle everything and I don't have the patience to do it.






When we were dating, my husband made me a beautiful jewelry box that matches my hope chest and I've just thrown my things in there once I'm done with them but it just wasn't working for me.


I still wanted to use the box since its so nice and this led me to search Pinterest for a great idea. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything that was what I wanted specifically but I did find a few little ideas. These ones specifically:


                                                                         Source: beadup.blogspot.com via Melody on Pinterest







                                                                           Source: ohcrafts.net via Melody on Pinterest




Instead of using the ice cube trays since they don't make them the same size as my jewelry box, I decided to make the origami boxes that would fit the dimensions that I needed.

The video tutorial was much better at explaining than the text was and once I did it a few times, it was easy! Now that I know how to make the boxes, I will be making larger ones to wrap Christmas presents in. If you're getting a present from me, be prepared that it's coming in a box. It's so addicting!


The whole project took me about 30 minutes (not counting the hour it took me to untangle everything!)


Here's the finished product: (sorry the picture is so weird.. I took it at night)






 Now I can hopefully start wearing my jewelry again. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a clever idea. You've done a great job and I think this looks much more feminine than the ice cube trays. Great job!

    Mommy Sauri~
    http://casadesauri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...