Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Playroom Reveal!

I'm finally showing you the full playroom reveal today! I started this project right after Cameron was born, after I realized I never really used my craft room (I usually bring my scrapbooking supplies out to the kitchen table) and that Gavin needed a bigger space for his toys. I also really wanted a chalkboard wall. :)

So the toys and books moved into the now playroom and I got busy making it a fun place where Gavin could play, read and create.

This is the view from the entrance way. I love the bold print of the rug mixed with the cheery yellow dresser that holds my craft supplies. The rug is from our Habitat for Humanity Restore for $25. It's a great pattern, soft underfoot, and the price was too good to pass by!

The couch is perfect for reading stories, taking naps and it pulls out as a bed for guests.
Here's the view looking out to the living room. I bought the bins that are storing Gavin's toys from a thrift store for $8. It's on casters, so Gavin loves wheeling it around the house, crashing it into anything that he can. We'll see how long those casters last...
This is my favourite part of the room! The chalkboard wall! Gavin and his cousins love drawing on this wall. The picture frames help break up the black space.




And because everyone likes a good before and after, here is the progress of this room. I think it is enjoying its new role the best.
If you missed any details, you can catch up here:





You can also check out my PLAYROOM board on Pinterest.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...