Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

A Little Bench Makeover

When I was a little girl, I went to Sunday school in a portable building outside of our main church building. I remember it had a cool puppet castle in the corner and lots of wooden benches that we sat on during Bible time.
Skip ahead a few years...okay...more than a few years...and it was decided that these little benches weren't the safest to have in the children's area anymore. I offered to take one off of their hands and brought a little bit of history home with us after church one Sunday.

Once the warm weather arrived, so did the spray paint. I moved the bench outside and prepped the area for this great red colour. Valspar got a little makeover over the winter months. The spray button is so much nicer and it now has a primer built right into the mixture.
Oh the things that make me happy.

I love having this little bench in our front entrance. It has been perfect for sitting Gavin on as we put on shoes before we head out the door.
I also love that I have a bit of my history in our home that I can share with Gavin and Cameron.
Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...