Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Yummy Apple Crisp

On Saturday my little Sienna turned one. I can't believe how fast the year went. It seems like just yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital!

My husband was able to be home for the weekend which was a blessing. Because of his work, he misses quite a few special occasions so we were both excited that he would be there for this one!

Saturday was such a beautiful day that we decided to go apple picking. We live 15 minutes away from the nearest orchard so we packed up the girls and headed off.

Since it was early in the morning, hardly anyone was there and we had the place mostly to ourselves.


They gave Bella her own basket so she could pick her own apples but Sienna wasn't interested in picking, just eating!

Fresh apples are the best for making into apple crisp and I have the best apple crisp recipe in the world. My mom always made it this way growing up and it was always so delicious there were never any leftovers.

This recipe makes a large 9x13" pan so if you would like to make a smaller batch, cut the recipe in half.

Apple Crisp 
8-10 apples peeled and sliced in a buttered 9x13" pan
Combine and crumble over fruit:
4 cups oatmeal
3 cups brown sugar (I usually use a little less)
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 lb of butter 
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 


Your house will smell absolutely amazing and cinnamony (not a word, but it works, right?)


We are almost up to 100 "likes" on Facebook and you know what that means? A giveaway! Yep, we love you guys so much we want to show you how much you mean to us! I have a few options that I've been thinking of so if you could comment below and tell me what you would be most interested in winning, that would be great! I've decided on a cowl (big surprise, right?), a slouchy hat or a purse made some really fun fabric in my stash. So let us know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...