Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

For the Love of Autumn

I love autumn. I love the crisp cool air, the apples picked right off the tree, and the leaves which turn such beautiful colours of red, orange and yellow. Don't get me wrong, I love summer too, but by the time September 1st rolls around, I'm definitely ready for this new season.

After making this sweater for my mom, I was inspired to make a little something for myself. Something that would still be cool enough to wear at the beginning of fall but would work in the middle of our winter as well.

I decided to knit the Abalone sweater for myself and within one week, I was done! It was so nice to knit it up quickly and the yarn was just so soft and squishy to knit with. When I wear this sweater, I want to grab an apple and a good book and go outside and read. It's just that kind of a sweater!


The pattern was pretty easy to understand and I learned a few new techniques along the way like the Kitchner stitch.


You can also customize the pattern based on the size of needles you use, the type of yarn and whatever size you are.


I've started rooting through my closet to find some other outfits that would work well with this sweater. Maybe a skinny belt? Or skinny jeans with ballet flats? Advice please!
What do you think of my newest sweater? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...