1) Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Water cleanses our body on a daily basis. 75% of North Americans are chronically dehydrated which can cause a myriad of health problems. If you tend to get headaches, drink more water - you might just be dehydrated!
2) Get 6-10 servings of fruits and vegetables every day. And no, potato chips and popcorn do not count. A serving is typically 1/2 cup, so your large salad that you had at lunch is a good start towards getting there!
3) Go to sleep at a reasonable hour. By reasonable, I mean before 11pm. Yes, it may seem like you get more things done at night but you're actually damaging your immune system by staying up so late, so make sure you catch your zzzzz's.
4) Get some form of exercise every day. Sitting on your butt actually accelerates quite a few diseases including heart disease and some cancers. Running around outside with your kids counts, as does gardening or going for a 30 minute walk.
5) Take time every day to be thankful for a few things. Thankfulness is actually very good for controlling stress. When we focus on the things we're thankful for, we stop worrying about the things in our lives that we can't control. It also makes you a much happier person!
So what do you think?
Do you agree with my list or have some other great tips to add in there?
Share with us!