Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stool Re-Do

A few years ago when I was out thrift store shopping and garage-saling, I bought this stool that was extremely ugly but had a lot of potential. Unfortunately, I can't show you how ugly it was since I didn't take any pictures of the process. I redid it in a beautiful white fabric with yellow fern leaves all over it. It was perfect. Until I realized that having a stool for kids to sit on with light fabrics was a very bad idea. 


As you can see from the pictures, it has stains all over it. It looks quite gross. I decided to redo it once again, but this time with a darker fabric. I picked up some navy blue fabric with yellow flowers and set to work. If you've never done an upholstery on something because you think it's too hard, it's really not! Simple remove the old fabric and staples. I find needle-nose pliers are the best tool to have on hand. Since the padding was still nice and clean, I reused it. I cut the new fabric to size and attached it using a staple gun. It only took me 15 minutes in total to redo this stool.


Much better, right? I'm sure it will get spilled on and stained but hopefully, (fingers crossed!) you won't be able to see it quite so badly. 

Have you ever redone something only to find out 
that you used to wrong fabric or supplies? Share with us :) 

Hopefully on Monday I'll have some fun pictures of what we're going to be doing tomorrow and Saturday. I'm also hoping to get a few more projects completed to show you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...