Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Let's talk...Lemonade

When the days are so warm and you can actually feel yourself losing weight because you're sweating so much {dream world}, there's nothing better than a cold glass of lemonade to cool you down. 
{Insert "ahhhh"....} 

I have actually never made lemonade from scratch. It always seems easier to buy it than to squeezing lemons to make some lemonade. I do know a number of recipes that seem pretty easy to make...so maybe someday. Right now though, I'll stick with this lemonade that Melody introduced me to: 
 It is so good! It is more expensive than just buying a frozen can and mixing it yourself, but when it comes on sale (which it did), I scoop it up (which I did). 

Now. It's good on it's own. But I like to spice it up a bit by throwing in a few frozen raspberries into my glass. It adds a little pizazz that I love. And it's fun to see it turn from yellowish to a nice pink colour as the raspberries melt (I'm a kid). 

I did a little bit of searching for other ways to 'spice up' your plain yellow lemonade this summer. Here's what I found:
Click here for the recipes: {Watermelon Lemonade}, {Cucumber Lemonade}, {Blueberry Lemonade}

I had never thought of putting cucumber in my lemonade, but it sounds like it would really refreshing! *Note: This drink has vodka in it. Didn't realize it till I scrolled till the bottom of the blog post.* 

Since I love raspberries in my lemonade, I think the watermelon and blueberry versions would be so good! Add a little mint, a slice of lemon on the side and you have yourself a fancy lemonade. 

So there you have it. Some different ways to serve lemonade this summer. Does anybody make their own lemonade? Is it as troublesome as I think it would be? 

Happy lemonade making! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...