Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

{Much Needed} Purse Organization

Welcome to Purse Organization 101. 
As I was trying to find my phone in my purse as it was ringing...and ringing...and ringing and STILL.COULDN'T.FIND.IT, I finally decided that enough was enough and that my purse was going to get a little organization.

I'm going to let you into a place where no one else dares to enter. Are you ready? 
This is it. All dumped out onto the kitchen table. In all it's glory. 

Goldfish crumbs and old receipts. Smushed fortune cookies. Old coupons. Canadian Tire money that I never seem to remember to use. Hand lotion, two tubes of lip gloss, two pairs of sunglasses and a bracelet. Gum wrappers. An old iPhone case. Cheques and spare change. Mail and pay stubs. Gift cards, pens, and a toy for Gavin. 

No wonder I couldn't find my phone when it was ringing. 
So. After I purged papers and threw out expired coupons and put things where they belonged in my wallet (which could be a purse on it's own it's so large) I grouped things together in a couple of small makeup bags I bought from the dollar store. 
Lip gloss, hand lotion, bobby pins and an extra hair elastic went into one bag. 
(This bag use to be a mini purse, but I cut off the handles. A little tacky, but it works for me for now.)
Into the bigger bag went a little toy for Gavin, gum and snacks for him and for me. You never know when hunger may strike! 


One pair of sunglasses will go into the car and one will stay in my purse just in case I forget the other pair someplace. Which happens quite frequently.

Now I can find what I need. No more rooting around into my Mary Poppins bag and coming up empty handed when I need my lip gloss or a pack of gum. Or getting frustrated when I can't find my phone when it's ringing. 

How about you? How do you keep your purse all organized? Or are you like me and it looks like a disaster zone? (Please tell me I'm not the only one.)

On a side note, since I just talked about getting rid of unnecessary things in my purse, like old coupons...one of our friends just started a new blog! She and her family are focusing this year on getting rid of unnecessary things (more than just old coupons) in their home and living simply. I am feeling challenged as I look around my home and see things that aren't being used and just sitting on a shelf. I would encourage you to take some time and check out their blog! It's called The Year of Less



Remember, if you don't want to miss a post, 
subscribe to us via email or RSS feed or "like" us on Facebook!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout-out Heidi!!

    Also, you've reminded me that I should do something about my purse! I'm sure I have my fair share of expired coupons in there!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...