Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Time to (1st Birthday) Part-ay!

We celebrated Gavin's birthday on Wednesday night with our family. A nice, simple party with only about 22 people. (We have a big family) (And two were missing).
Since the weather was nice, we had the party outside. I didn't go all out or do as much as I was thinking I was going to for the decorations. 

Ever find that when your day gets going, the plans that you have go out the window? It was kinda one of those days. 
 I made this banner out of old book pages and cut out the letters on my Cricut machine. (It really does say "Happy Birthday" not "Appy Birthday".)
One of my friends found the cutest little cupcake decorating kit at the dollar store! Since Gavin's room has the owl theme, they were too perfect for her to pass up. Thanks Karissa!
After Gavin opened a few presents, 
 It was cake time!
 I decided to make a healthy birthday cake (I know. BORING. But Gavin liked it!) and this one was easy and tasted really good too! You can find the recipe here

We sang 'Happy Birthday' to Gav and then he had the healthy birthday cake, 
 and we had the not-healthy cupcakes. 
 All in all, it was a nice way to end the day celebrating our little guy's first birthday. 

Now he has so many toys and books he doesn't know which one to play with...or eat. 

Have a happy weekend! 

 



 

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet party - love the cupcake toppers and the banner. Gavin looks like such a handsome cutie - glad you all had a great time. I can't believe I'll be doing a similar post in a little over a month - eek!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...