On Saturday, we had a bachelorette party for Sara which was hosted at my house. We invited some of her closest friends, had some great food, music (Zac Brown anyone?), and an awesome time! I decorated for the party the night before and in total, it took me about 2 hours to decorate everything and make the food. We decided to keep it simple so that we weren't rushing around at the last minute trying to get things done. We like to enjoy our parties! So without further ado, here are some of our best tips:
- If you're hosting a party in your house, don't be afraid to move furniture into another room. It can free up a lot of space and you can always move it back later! In the picture below, I moved all the chairs away from the table and moved a bookshelf into another room. It allowed me to push the table up against the wall and make it my food/display area.
- Pick a few colours for decorating and stick with them. I tried to unify things by using white platters and bowls to hold the food. I also used a pale yellow table cloth. I added colour with the pennant banner, the flowers, the food and the pictures on the wall.
- For the food, pick a few foods that are simple and can be put together beforehand. I chose to make mini strawberry shortcakes and pizza crescent rolls. I had Faith bring her famous cupcakes (get the recipe here) and we served everything with chips, popcorn, veggies, and pumpernickel bread with dip. Everyone enjoyed the food and was full. There was still lots of food leftover!
- Make some cute little signs for the food so that everyone knows what everything is. This saves a lot of confusion and people standing around the table wondering exactly what everything is. I made these chalkboard signs by cutting out some squares of chalkboard paper and putting them onto matching scrapbook paper.
- Don't forget to add personal touches to the decorations. I printed off some pictures of Sara and Aaron and placed them above the food table and also had them rotating on my iPad. It's another touch that doesn't really cost anything, but makes it more special for the bride.
And lastly, but definitely not least, remember to sit down and enjoy yourself!
|All of us girls!|
Remember to stop by lots this week for some great wedding ideas! If you don't want to miss any posts, like us on Facebook or subscribe to our RSS feed.