Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Introducing... Our New Basement!

I would not wish a basement flood on anyone. It is a terrible thing and very stressful, especially if it happens around the holidays when you just want to be sitting and relaxing. But since we were planning on renovating our basement this winter anyways, it seems that it was a blessing in disguise since it forced us to get going. Thankfully my husband is a very handy man and I have lots of wonderful family who pitched in and helped us finish it in time for our New Year's Eve party. It was touch and go for a little bit but it is now mostly done! I took some pictures this morning so that you can see how it looks. I didn't find any before pictures but trust me that it is a huge improvement!


Our new wall colour, wainscoting & tile


Our main area where we watch TV. I'm going to be getting some charcoal grey slipcovers for the sofas. Since this is our family room, I don't want to invest in couches that will be ruined by my girls or our dog who tends to sleep there.


The bar table that Seth made for us for last Christmas.


The new area rug that I love. It's like a hug on your feet.


The bookshelf that Seth made me for Christmas last year


The tile and the carpet. I spent 2 hours learning how to do grout with my Dad. Now I have that skill as well as bruised knees, but it looks good!


Our DVD rack that matches our bookshelf.

As we keep finishing things down there, I'll post more pictures. I still have a bathroom and an office that needs to be completed... as well as stair treads, a few places that still need more tile, & pictures on the wall. Let me know what you think! My husband especially wants to know what everyone thinks of his "man cave" furniture. Did everyone have a good New Years?

2 comments:

  1. This is *awesome*. It just looks great :) I pinned those bookshelves. . .think they would be nice for the kids' rooms. . .will have to see about passing this project on to my FIL -- ha! Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jennibellI'm glad you like them :) I told my hubby that you liked the bookshelves and he says that he still has the cut list if you're interested. Let me know and I'll pass them on to you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...