Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Decoupage Tray

Awhile ago I bought a plain looking tray from Ikea. Almost too plain. So plain that I have not even used it, and have hidden it away in one of my kitchen cabinets. 


As you can see it does not have much detail to it, and is borderline ugly. So, that being said, I have taken it upon myself to spruce up the tray in hopes that I will not be embarrassed to use or own it. 


via 


I saw this pin and thought it was a wonderful idea. Instead of using sheet music, I used some scrapbook paper that I had, and cut two pieces so they would fit in the tray. 



Next I used mod podge to adhere the paper to the bottom of the tray and then I let them dry. 


I love the updated look of the tray. It was a pretty (and easy!) way to add a personalized touch to this tray. 

What standard household items have you purchased and spruced up recently? Maybe it was a knife block that you spray painted and added a monogramed letter to like here. Or maybe you decided to update a pair of white mugs with some porcelaine markers like here. Whatever the case, I hope this inspires you to find something in your home that you are reluctant to use because its not as fancy as it could be, and you transform it into a beautiful piece of practical art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...