Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Good Tree Hunting

Half the fun of having a Christmas tree, is getting the Christmas tree. For years, my family has gone tree "hunting" at a local tree farm, and this year I was able to go with my husband and daughter to cut down our tree. 

We are a cute family... and yes that is a saws-all in Jason's hand...

Not long after we set out on the brisk December day, we found the tree we wanted. So naturally Jason cut it down with a power tool... cool. 


In our house, it is my job to decorate the tree, which means I get free reign to do whatever I want with it. White lights? Yes please. Silver ornaments? Yes please. Glittery white stars? Yes, thank you. 


Although the photo does not do it justice, it is quite a lovely tree. I was able to hang a few of my favourite ornaments, and a beautiful star for the top. It makes me happy every time I look at it, which is quite often because it is right in our living room. 


I love the soft glow the lights make on the tree, which helps make our home feel cozy at night. What are your favourite ways to decorate a tree? Or your home? Do you have a theme, or do you like to have a few different styles pulled together? 

Today we are linking up for the final day of "Bringing Christmas Cheer to the Blogosphere" party that has been going on for a couple of weeks now. Check it out to find more great ideas for holiday decor!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great tree! Thanks for linking up with me for our Christmas Cheer party (:

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...