Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall

My first time that I ever saw a starburst mirror, I was walking around HomeSense (one of my absolute favourite stores!). They had one that was gold and just so beautiful... until I looked at the price tag! It cost $200! Since I am very cheap frugal, I decided that I could make one on my own. I saw this one and immediately loved it but since we don't eat a lot of cereal around our house, it would've taken me forever to save up enough boxes to make one.

                                                                      Source: bystephanielynn.com via Melody on Pinterest


I found the perfect mirror at Dollarama (score!) for $2 and I found a couple packages of barbecue skewers in my cupboard that I thought I had lost. The whole project took me a few days since I kept being distracted by things like a child who wanted food or work or things like that but I finally finished it!



I finished the project with metallic paint which is silver with gold hints in it. I eyeballed the pattern that I used, so it's not perfect but I love it! 

My living room walls are actually a lime green which doesn't show up well in pictures. The coffee table and side table were free from someone who didn't want them anymore. They were an oak colour, so I spray painted them white. The book shelf is from Ikea and the pillows I made myself. The basket beside the couch holds all of my current projects such as knitting and hand-sewing. 

Tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Melody. I am truly inspired by all of your projects. My walls have been bare for 35 years and you guys have shown me what can be done with just a little bit of creativity and very little $$$$$! I may get busy in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...