Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Getting Cozy: Creative & Cozy Toys for Kids

Whenever it starts to get cooler, I start thinking about my kid's toys. They have a lot of them. I'm not even sure where they all came from. They have waaaay too many of those little toys that are interesting for one minute and then after that, they just become a hazard for stepping on.

Thankfully my husband is a lot more ruthless than I am and organized all the toys and weeded three large bags of toys to give away.

I want my kid's toys to inspire creativity and be useful so I've put together some of my favourites to help with being cooped up this fall:

via
My kids love stuffed animals. My oldest daughter currently has tea parties and makes "zoos" with them. Homemade stuffed animals are much better and this one is adorable (and a free pattern!).

via
I love the idea of making a small dollhouse for them. When we were little, we used to tape cardboard boxes together to make our doll houses. This is the same kind of idea, only a little more durable.

via
I love these sewing cards that you can make yourself. Not only are they good for teaching fine motor skills, but they also teach a basic skill, sewing!

via
My friend was telling me about this company last week and it is amazing! Magnetic blocks for kids. They are a tad bit expensive but are amazing quality and made from solid wood. They are going to be on the Christmas toy list this year!

via
Sometimes all you need is a box and some crayons. I love this idea and I figure it would buy me about 30 minutes of quiet time. Just the amount of time it takes to make supper!

I hope that gives you a few good ideas. 
If you have any more to add to the list, let us know!


(Click on the button above to see the rest of the series!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...