Last night I picked up my needles and did something with myself. That felt wonderful.
Being so sick for a week did allow me to analyze what is truly important in my life and count my blessings.
|My little Bella brought this to me to help "Mommy's ouchie". She's the sweetest!|
- My husband. He was absolutely wonderful the entire week even though I know it wasn't easy for him. He's not a natural "mom" but I could tell how much he loved our family this week.
- My kids. I wasn't able to hug or kiss my girls for an entire week and it killed me. The last few nights when I've had to get up to settle my girls back to sleep, I haven't been grumbling as much!
- My moms. I just have to say that I have two of the best moms in the world. My mom took my girls for most of the week so that I could get better and took me to my doctor's appointments. My MIL came over and cleaned and grocery shopped for us. They are both so wonderful and I hope I can be as awesome as they are some day.
- My health. I am normally a very healthy person and I have to thank God for that. It was frustrating for me to be sick and have to lay there but I know that God can use the times when we have nothing left to show us what is truly important.
- Our health care system. I know it has a lot of flaws and I know that I grumble about it quite a bit, but this week I was more than thankful for it. The doctors and nurses were wonderful and I'm so thankful that we have free health care and health benefits. I'm not stressed about extra bills to pay this week!
So this week, my job is to get myself better. My husband had to leave for work again this week so it's just me and the girls. I'll be watching lots of Downton Abbey (I'm seriously addicted now), doing lots of knitting and playing catch up with work.
Here's a tiny peak of a Christmas present I'm working on now:
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! I'm not sure if I'll be back on Thursday yet.
I know Heidi has an awesome project to show you tomorrow. It. is. gorgeous.
Did anyone else take the challenge and make something??