Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Long Weekends and Chocolate Pudding

I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend! I know I am for sure. We've gotten stuff done around the house - my lawn looks fantastic!


We went to the beach with family


Took in some gorgeous fireworks


And just lazed around the house doing nothing. It was perfect!
I also decided to make some dessert today for a special meal. I knew I wanted something with chocolate since I love chocolate. I found this recipe and thought I'd see if it actually tasted as good as it sounded. I have already had a bowl of it and it is fantastic! If you are looking for a way to sneak some healthy foods into your diet, this is a great way to do it!

The original recipe can be found here with a few changes of my own added in.

Raw Chocolate Pudding

2 very ripe avocados
2 ripe bananas
2 tbs raw cacao powder
1/2 cup almond, coconut, or regular milk
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1 tsp of lemon juice (stops the avocado and banana from turning brown which sounds strange since you're making chocolate pudding but trust me!)

Peel the bananas and avocados and put them in a blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend together until nice and smooth. Store in the fridge until you're ready to serve it.


Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of your long weekend :)

Remember, if you don't want to miss a post, 
subscribe to us via email or RSS feed or "like" us on Facebook!


The Purple Pumpkin Blog Link Party

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for joining my link party! I'm holding one every Thursday, so please stop by again sometime :)

    Healthy and chocolate in the same bowl? My kind of recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...