This past week we had a few really
This recipe is actually originally from one of my mom's Company's Coming cookbooks. I really couldn't tell you which one though (I have it scratched down in one of my own recipe books).
There are many variations of this salad. I have seen examples with a more creamy dressing and small potatoes. We usually make it with canned tuna, but for this recipe, I used fresh salmon and it tasted wonderful.
Nicoise Pasta Salad
You will need:
- Cooked Fusilli Pasta (I used Penne this time)
- Small head of lettuce, coursely shredded
- Small red onion, sliced very small
- Canned solid tuna, drained and broken up into chunks (or fresh, cooked salmon, broken up into chunks)
- Fresh (or frozen) cooked green beans, cooled and cut
- (Optional) Whole pitted ripe olives, halved
- Two medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Cook pasta. I throw the beans in near the end of the pasta's cooking time so I don't need to use another pot. Drain the pasta and beans and rinse with cold water. Transfer to large bowl and let cool completely.
- Add the lettuce, onion, and tuna to the cooled pasta and beans.
- Mix the dressing together in a small container. Pour over salad mixture and toss.
- Mix in tomatoes and egg wedges
(If you are interested in learning more about Company's Coming cookbooks and recipes, go to, www.companyscoming.com)
Remember, if you don't want to miss a post,
subscribe to us via email or RSS feed or "like" us on Facebook!