Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

{Day 3} Wedding Week!


When I was planning my wedding six years ago, there was no such thing as 'Pinterest' {gasp here}. While sitting in my dorm room at college, my friends and I would pour over bridal magazines, dreaming about the day that each of us would plan our own wedding day. 

That day finally came for me, and I had to plan our wedding while at college, thousands of miles from home, making hundreds of phone calls to my mom. She was seriously the best because she did a lot of the organizing and getting things together. (Thank you mom!!) 
 My dream was to be married at home in my parent's backyard. My dad went to work and built a beautiful pergola for the ceremony. 
  From the stainless steel buckets filled with wild flowers picked that morning that lined the aisle, to my bridesmaid's and my bouquets, to the centerpieces, and the meal (which my parents and some friends from church did an excellent job with!), almost every single part of our wedding was a DIY project.

 The centerpieces were wild flowers in old mason jars with a simple ribbon tied around the top. The wedding cake was a gift from our family friend and it was delicious!
It was a beautiful day, filled with love, laughter, family and friends. There wasn't a cloud in the sky (which led to a sunburn on my shoulders). 
We didn't spend a lot of money on our wedding. We didn't need to spend a lot of money on our wedding. We may not have had all the other things that weddings these days have, but it was our day and we loved it. 

 Remember to stop by lots this week for some great wedding ideas! 
If you don't want to miss any posts, 'like us' on Facebook 
or subscribe to our RSS feed.

Click here to read Day One and Day Two of our Wedding Week.  

 

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, Heidi!!! Your wedding looks a lot more expensive than it probably was - just stunning :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...