Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Deck Disaster

Here in Canada, the long weekend in May is typically used for sprucing up the outside of your house and getting it ready for summer. This year I'm especially looking forward to it because the back of my house needs a lot of sprucing. The back looks like a junk yard. I'm not even kidding. The pictures show it all.

All of our stuff that was on the deck originally. 
Over the past few days, my extra-wonderful little brothers have been helping me to finish demolishing our deck so that when my husband comes home this weekend, he can build a new one.

The view from my kitchen doors
I love the end part of a renovation but the beginning when you take off that first piece of wood can be a little daunting. I first posted about my husband taking out our old pool. That left a major gap in our deck for about a month but now I feel like there's actually progress.


We now have our deck design finished and I love it! It will have a nice patio area, a barbecue area, and an area for lounging. The best part is that it will be safe!! While we were taking apart the deck, we found that most of the deck was actually held up by a post that was not even secured in the ground. Extremely scary!

The basic idea of what we want it to look like with two levels and the dining area to be ground level.
Just like with Heidi's backyard, I'll keep you updated on the progress. Hopefully it will be completed in the next few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...