Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Gardening With A Black Thumb

I love flowers and spring and the smell of rich soil. To me, they smell like opportunities to make things more beautiful. Even the not-so-attractive houses can be transformed by beautiful flower beds! My grandmother has the most gorgeous flower gardens. To her, gardening comes as natural as breathing. I've always wished that I had that gift, but unfortunately, it seems that I have the "gift" of impatience and forgetfulness instead!

This year, I'm hoping to spruce up the outside of our house a little bit and make it as welcoming outdoors as I wish it to be indoors. Instead of being ambitious and trying out the newest things in gardening, I've been pinning things for the "beginner" gardener. Now that I've lived in this house for a few years, I know where the sun hits at certain times in the day, what type of soil is where, and what will and will not work.

So instead of posting a project that I've completed, here are a few of my ideas that I'd like to accomplish throughout the spring and summer.

Please remember that if you'd like to pin any of these pictures, go to the original source to re-pin. Thanks! We don't want to take credit for any of these wonderful ideas!

                                                                                     Source: bhg.com via Melody on Pinterest

                                                                  Source: addicted2decorating.com via Melody on Pinterest

                                                                     Source: myhangingbaskets.com via Melody on Pinterest

                                                                                      Source: bhg.com via Melody on Pinterest

                                                                                    Source: bhg.com via Melody on Pinterest


I'll keep you updated on how the outside of my house looks throughout the spring and summer. But how about you, are you an excellent gardener or are you like me? Does your house have beautiful flower gardens or just a few shrubs here and there? Remember that we love your comments!

If you don't want to miss a post, please either follow us on Facebook or through our RSS feed. Check out the sidebar. Also, if you'd like an invite to Pinterest, please e-mail us and we'll set you up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...