Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Transforming an Armoire

My husband and I have limited amounts of furniture in our house. We are choosing the pieces we buy or make carefully, so we don't end up with any unwanted misfit pieces. We do however own a beautiful armoire that sits in our bedroom. And although this armoire is quite large and has great storage, it is not that awesome to look at. 




As you can see it is a natural pine, with a clear coat finish on it... which makes my job a whole lot easier. That's right, I am going to refinish this piece of furniture. It is has been my dream, since I first laid eyes on it, to give it a nice coat of paint. Something along these lines... 



I am excited to get started on this project, and I am hoping it won't take me too long to complete. Obviously I will be sharing pictures of the in between stages, as well as the finished product on here, so stay tuned and wish me luck! 

Have you ever painted furniture? If so, what was your favourite method, paint, tool, etc? This is my first time refinishing a piece that is so large, but I am excited to see the transformation. 

Also, don't forget to enter our giveaway! Click here for all the details on what you could win and how to enter. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...