Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Snuggles and Warmth

If you remember, a while back I said that I was going to decorate my little girl's room by the end of December. I had made a whole inspiration board and everything (you can see it here). Unfortunately, when our basement flooded, plans changed and re-doing those rooms became the priority. Before the whole renovation started, I did get a chance to finish a blanket that I was making for her crib. I found the pattern on Pinterest and chose the colours of yarn based on the colours of her room that I picked.

Here's the pattern:
                                                                                   Source: rakuten.co.jp via Melody on Pinterest

I loved how it looked fresh and modern but still nice and cozy. Perfect for cuddling with your adorable little baby. When I clicked on the pattern, I had a little bit of trouble since the whole pattern was written in Japanese, which I do not speak. I had also never followed a crochet diagram before, I always used written directions. But using some tutorials online, I was able to figure it out (it's easier if you have the different stitches memorized!) Here is a helpful resource I found .

And here is my finished project:


I love how it turned out. I made it crib sized instead of twin bed size like they suggested. It is very snuggly and warm and I'm sure once I get going on her room, it will match perfectly! I guess the moral of this story is that you shouldn't be afraid to try new things in decorating or crafting. It doesn't matter what it is, try it! It could be a new tool, or pattern, or decorating scheme, just go for it!

Since this is the last time that I'll be posting, (don't worry, you still have one more from Faith and Heidi!) I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I'll be posting on Monday and showing you some pictures of our family Christmas, including a few more crafts that I finished.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that turned out gorgeous!!! I have absolutely zero crocheting, knitting, sewing etc. abilities so I am super impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amber - BinkertationThanks! I've been knitting and sewing since I was quite young but I've only picked up crocheting in the last couple of years. Once you start, it's so addicting!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...