Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

For the Procrastinator

  Psst...Christmas is in T-minus 3 days.

 If you are a procrastinator, this means that you should probably head to the mall tonight and start your Christmas shopping. I'm not judging. I speak from experience. We went to the mall last night to start our Christmas shopping. Yes. Start.

 I wasn't going with a panicked feeling in my chest. I have known for a long time what to get, but I just haven't had the chance. In my family, we aren't big on buying presents for Christmas. I come from a larger family - seven siblings - and for many years now we have been drawing names so that we don't become bankrupt just from buying each other gifts. And now with all the in-laws and babies, it is necessary that we draw names, or else it can be very overwhelming buying one trillion presents (or what it could feel like).  

  Now that you have the low down on our gift giving, I'm going to help you out a little bit. 

  Buying presents can become very expensive, especially when money is tight. Here is a simple idea that you can make yourself at home! (And it's not made out of popsicle sticks)

  I actually got this idea on Pinterest from here and then made it my own!

 
   Canvas art! 

 These are very inexpensive to make. All you need to do is grab your 50% off coupon from Michael's and buy a few canvases - large or small. 

Here's a how to: 
 
  After cutting out book pages out of an old book, use Modge Podge (favourite!) to stick the pages onto the canvas. Overlap the pages so they aren't perfect. 

 While the canvas is drying, you can cut out whatever silhouette that you would like. I used my Cricut to cut out the birds and old fashioned keys. 


Use Modge Podge to glue the silhouette onto the canvas.

Give the whole thing a light coat of Modge Podge to seal it and give it a glossy sheen. 

  
This can be a personalized gift for anyone on your list! The possibilities are endless on what you could use for the front of your canvas.  

   Now get to it. Christmas is coming; it's practically here! (Guess who watched The Grinch this weekend?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...