Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Keeping Your Sanity

Let's admit it. We all have extremely busy lives with children, a husband, keeping the house in order, and careers. With all of that, its very difficult to find time for ourselves. Even now, as I look around my house, there is laundry on the kitchen table for me to fold, the dishes need to be done, paperwork organized, the floor needs to be swept... I could go on and on. All of those things are very important but what is also important is time for ourselves. Without that, its very easy to become just "mom" or "the wife" or "the housekeeper". How do we prevent that? 






My escape has been crafting. I love to knit, crochet, sew and scrapbook. In any given month, I will have picked up several different projects and maybe only finished a few of them but the important thing is that I did something for myself. It sounds selfish but it's actually not. If you continue to give and give and give, soon you'll be burnt out. If you take a little time for yourself (even 15 minutes a day will work!), you'll find you're more rested, relaxed, your temper won't flare quite as fast and things will not be so overwhelming. My challenge for you is to pick up a hobby! Look for inspiration on Pinterest, any other website that you love, or the library. It doesn't have to be expensive at all. 
Take 15 minutes for yourself and your family will thank you!


- Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...