Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Wheat-Free Waffles

For the last little while, I've been experimenting with different recipes to see if I can make them "wheat free". My whole family, including me, does better if we don't have a lot of wheat in our diet. This includes breads, pastas, crackers or anything that has wheat in it. It's been a little difficult but thankfully there are a lot of great recipes out there!

My hubby has been pretty good about this whole experiment but he still wants normal tasting food. Fair enough, right?

I made these for Easter morning and they were a big hit!





Wheat-Free Waffles (makes 8 waffles)

1 3/4 cups of oatmeal, finely ground
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla

Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In another bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix together. Using a hand mixer, add the wet and dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Cook according to your waffle maker's directions. They might take a little longer to cook than regular waffles so just be patient! Top with berries, maple syrup or whatever you want!

Oatmeal doesn't seem to bother anyone in our family as much as wheat does. If you want to make these completely gluten free, check and make sure that you're using gluten free oatmeal. I grind my oatmeal in my coffee grinder and it makes a nice light flour.


If you use this recipe, let me know what you think! 
I've made it a few times but the recipe could always use some "tweaking".

1 comment:

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...