Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chaos and More Chaos

I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend! We had decided that Monday was the day to get things done off our list that we had been wanting some time to do.

Seth tried to finish more of the downstairs bathroom which he says is all ready for me to install a toilet, sink and faucets. I've never tried that before but it can't be too hard, right?!

I got more of my bathroom finished by reinstalling the toilet paper holder and getting the towel rack back up on the wall. I didn't realize how important that was, but after two weeks of picking up wet towels that had been dropped on the floor, it was time.

I also got two coats of stain on my kitchen. With Seth's help, I got all of the appliances out of the way and everything taped up. I find that is the absolute worst part. It's so boring to me. There's none of the good results, just cleaning. My garage is full of kitchen cabinet doors everywhere and it's like a game to try to get through without stepping on anything important.

So, instead of showing you anything that was completely finished, I decided to show you what a house looks like that's in the middle of renovations:


Pretty bad, right? I just keep thinking that it will all be worth it in the end! I have one more coat of stain before I start putting coats of urethane on. My dad has picked out a wonderful countertop for us so I have that to look forward to as well.

If you don't want to miss a post, subscribe to us 
via email or RSS feed or "like" us on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...