Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oatmeal In A Mug

If you have spent any time on Pinterest, you have seen (and probably have made) mug brownies, mug cakes, and mug cookies. I have seen them all and made them all. What better way to get a taste of something sweet, without the hassle of pulling out the big mixer and making the kitchen a mess (although it's dangerous being able to just make something sweet so easily...dangerous for my hips). 

Then I saw it: oatmeal baked in a mug. Whaaat? I've never been a huge fan of oatmeal. While growing up, we ate it every.single.morning. Oatmeal and I are not friends. For some reason though, this appealed to me. Probably because it was made in a mug. I don't know. 
The original recipe calls for a handful of blueberries, but I threw in raspberries instead. 

It was actually very tasty! Easy to mix together while I'm getting Gavin's breakfast together and I didn't have any aversions to it...nothing like what usually happens when oatmeal hits my lips. 

If you want an easy, healthy breakfast - even something that you can take on the go - try this oatmeal recipe. 

{You can find the recipe here

Here's to oatmeal in mugs! (Who knew!?)
 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading all the blog posts! Always interesting and my favourite is guessing who the author is! I am normally right as you all sound like yourselves even in the way you type things! Pretty neat! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...