The potatoes were so creamy and delicious, and the extra cheese on top didn't hurt either! I cooked these up and served them with grilled salmon and a garden salad. I will definitely be making these again!
Heres the recipe:
- 2 large baking potatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon refrigerated minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8;-¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup grated cheese , divided
- 2 green onions (to garnish)
- paprika (to garnish)
- 1Bake potatoes in a 375 degree oven 1 to 1 1/2 hours until done.
- 2When potatoes are done let them cool 10-15 minutes.
- 3Then slice them in half lengthwise.
- 4Using a spoon carefully scoop out the potato, leaving a little on skin so they don't break. Save the skins.
- 5In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except 1/4 cup cheese, green onion and paprika with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. If not creamy enough add a bit more milk.
- 6Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- 7Spoon potato mixture evenly into shells.
- 8Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and green onions.
- 9Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- 10Return to oven until hot and cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.
Or you can wrap in saran wrap and put in a freezer ziplock bag and freeze for use at another time.