Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Merry Mantle

I'm linking up this post with Michelle at Ten June for the Mantle Link up!
Come check out all the other beautiful Christmas mantles!
Thanks for hosting Michelle!


  I am so excited for these next few weeks leading up to Christmas! If you know me and my husband, you know that I'm technically not suppose to decorate before December 1st (which is his rule), but I couldn't help setting up our fireplace mantle one day early.

   Usually when I start to decorate for Christmas it starts to snow outside, but not today. We've been having really terrible weather these past few days. Rainy and dreary. Boo. 

  So to amp up the Christmas mood, I went over to grooveshark (the best website to listen to free music. Seriously. Type in pretty much any album you want to listen to, and it's all there. Free. Ready to listen to. Perfect for my cheap, frugal self who doesn't buy CD's.) and pulled up Michael Buble's new Christmas album. 



Oh ya. Good stuff right there. If you haven't listened to it yet, do. Love it!

 I had pulled out all our Christmas decorations last night, much to the dismay of my husband, so it was all at my fingertips.

   I have been spending a lot of time looking through Pinterest for ideas on decorating for Christmas. There are some gorgeous homes out there!
 
 During one of my searches, I stumbled upon this free printable. When I saw it, I knew that it was going to be the main point of my mantle.

   Want to see what I came up with?



I love this art on the mantle. I wanted it to be front and center, so that every time I looked over, I would see Jesus' names framed and refocus on why we celebrate Christmas.





Little trees in the jar make me smile.


We don't have our Christmas stockings hung up by the chimney with care quite yet, but they will get up there. I need to buy another one this year for my little boy!

  I didn't purchase anything new for Christmas decorating this year. Everything that I will be decorating with is something that we already had from the previous years or found in other places around our home. 

 Now on to cleaning the rest of my house so I can continue decorating tomorrow! 

  Does anybody else have the "December 1st" Christmas decorating rule?  

And p.s. I did tell my husband I was going to decorate the mantle one day early. He loves me. :)

 

3 comments:

  1. Nice job with the mantle! We don't have any hard-and-fast rules around here. . .pretty much I'd like to do everything the day after Thanksgiving and my husband would like to drag it out. . .all the way to Christmas if he could. So, this year, I'm trying to inject a little here-and-there and get the KIDS to do my bidding to get the tree and lights out :) So far I've hung up a mistletoe crystal I bought over the weekend, bought new stockings for the kiddos and showed my husband how I'd like them hung this year (we don't have a mantle) and put the ornament that my MIL already purchased for me on a shelf. Little by little. . .sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jennibell
    Thank you! I'm learning this year to do it in bits and pieces too. It's much different decorating with a little baby who likes to take my attention away from what I'm doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I LOVE this! I especially love the print that you have. People tend to forget the real meaning of Christmas. This is such a pleasant and stylish reminder :)

    Myers Maison

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...